PK204: The Science and Practice of Weight Loss
Course Opens 1st November 2019
In this online course you'll explore the science and practice behind weight loss, including:
- Obesity epidemiology and what causes weight issues
- The biology of energy balance diving into calories, food reward and food addiction
- Weight loss prescriptions and weight loss in practice. Hear from a practicing GP and gain a better understanding of how to address weight loss for yourself and/or your patients
- Dietary approaches to weight loss
- The case for healthy at every size (HAES)
- Weight loss maintenance and regain
- Weight loss across the lifespan, from childhood to older adult
- Medical aspects of weight loss, including medications, interventions and primary care
We will arm you with the confidence, knowledge and key practice techniques you need. Learn how to prescribe sustainable weight loss programmes to patients to help them achieve long lasting results.
Are you ready to truly make a difference to the health outcomes of your patients or clients?
Download our 5 Food Rules for Weight Loss
Frequently Asked Questions
The roots of obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease are firmly embedded in the food environment.
- Dr Aseem Malhorta, Cardiologist, best selling author, researcher, and Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine.