Frequently Asked Questions
When does the certificate start and finish?
The 2019 class start dates are June 1st - Nov 30th. You can go at your own pace. There are 5 courses that makes up the Certificate and each course can be easily completed within 4-weeks by committing 4 or 5 hours of work per week.
What are the benefits of doing the Certificate?
You’ll get the practical tools and resources you need to make your job as a Health Coach, GP, Nurse, Nutritionist, PT, mum/dad, or caregiver easier. You’ll learn the latest science as well as the art of coaching,and you’ll discover how to achieve sustainable behaviour change. You’ll discover the evidence base for preventive medicine. Enjoy more job satisfaction and see better health outcomes for your clients/patients who suffer from chronic conditions. Earn CPD and/or CME points.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
Which courses make up the Certificate?
The Health Coach Certificate (HCC) is made up of the following courses:
PK101: Behaviour as Medicine
PK102: Nutrition as Medicine
PK103: Fitness as Medicine
PK104: Mind-Body Medicine
PK105: Making Sense of Research
PK106: Medications and Navigating the Healthcare System
You must complete and pass five of these six courses to complete the Certificate. PK101: Behaviour as Medicine is a required course to gain the HCC.
How long does it take to complete the Health Coach Certificate (HCC)?
The certificate takes approx five - six months on a part-time basis. It is possible to complete the HCC within two to three months if it’s done on a full-time basis. Each course usually takes between 12 and 20 hours and consists of six 60–90 minute modules, with each module requiring a further 30–90 minutes of reading and/or reflective practise.
Are there jobs for Health Coaches?
Yes. Health Coaches are employed in GP clinics, pharmacies, Governmental organizations, hospitals, insurance companies, corporate employers, and more. Alternatively, you can also start your own health coaching business.
Can I do the Health Coach Certificate even if I don’t plan on practising as a Health Coach?
Yes. This certificate is designed for those who work with clients and/or patients, teaching you how to change their behaviour and ultimately improve their health and wellbeing. You will also learn many tips and tricks that will help you and your loved ones personally as well. To date, we have had GPs, nurses, full-time mums, gardeners, IT specialists, and more enrolling for this certificate
How do I know if I will make a good Health Coach?
Are you passionate about health and wellbeing? Do you like to help other people and find it easy to build relationships? Are you a good listener? If so, health coaching could be for you! Health Coaches believe in people. They believe that people can change,and they bring optimism and efficiency to the change process.
As a health coach who is your typical client?
It really depends on what your particularity niche (as a health coach) is going to be. It is important to understand what unique strengths you have as a potential Health Coach are and then you must really understand who your ideal target market would be. Some examples of typical clients are...
- Middle aged women going through peri menopause and struggling with weight, sleep etc
- Millennial women having a hard time finding balance in their lives
- Middle aged men looking to lose weight and get fit
- Retired couples wanting to age well and stay off medication
- Cancer survivor wanting to stay in remission and be as healthy as possible
Is setting up my own health coach business achievable?
Absolutely yes. We recommend that you begin by doing this on a part-time basis first and then progress from there. Here are 3 ideas of how you can build your part-time PreKure Health Coaching Practice:
1. Lead a team on the PreKure Habits 21-day challenge. You can use the challenge as a FREE introductory tool to your services as a health coach PLUS we do all the hard work for you with healthy food guides, recipes and fitness plans.
2. Start with just ONE client and a set time-frame of say 12 weeks to achieve a specific outcome with them. Share that you are training to become a health coach (and why this interests you) with your social circles so people know what you are doing.
3. Set clear goals. What is the income goal you’d like to meet through health coaching and how much time can you give it? Start with attainable goals that are flexible and will build your confidence.
Remember, it is about progress not perfection so it does not have to be all-or-nothing when it comes to health coaching. You can do it on the side especially to begin with until you build your skills and reputation.